Focus and Scope
The objective of this journal is to develop a research network in teaching and learning in Computer Science Education in schools and related topics through high-quality research that focuses both theory and practice. This would enable academics and educators who are interested in research about theoretical developments in Computer Science Education, to reach most recent studies. The network would also provide a communication point for teachers who are interested in engaging in research projects, but not feeling confident. Additionally, it provides researchers, teachers, students, and policymakers with valuable information in Computer Science Education in schools, and increases their understanding of the pedagogies and practices in this field. The IJCSES also identifies future directions in this constantly changing educational medium
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
IJCSES is committed to a transparent, productive, and rigorous peer review process. IJCSES‘s peer review process asks a great deal of reviewers and community members who participate in the open peer review process. Because of this, we will only publish original contributions that have not been published, or submitted for publication, elsewhere.
After Open Peer Review has been completed, authors will have at least two weeks to revise their contributions. Upon submitting a revised contribution, all contributions will be published and archived in a specific “issue” on the IJCSES website.
IJCSES will be published four times a year.
Open Access Policy
IJCSES provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge, meaning:
- everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of articles published in Academy Journals; manuscripts are freely available without subscription or price barriers
- papers are immediately released in open access format (no long waiting periods)
Advantages of Open Access for Authors
- High Visibility and High Availability - free and unlimited accessibility of the publication over the internet without any restrictions.
- Open Access publications are more frequently cited due to their high publicity and availability.
- Publications are also more easily searchable in search engines and indexing databases.
- Less Costly - The cost of processing and the publication of an article is covered through the one-time payment of an Article Processing Fee (APF) for each accepted article.
- Rapid Publication - accepted papers are immediately published online.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...